- I've started sixth-form college properly
- I've changed from A-Levels to the IB
- I've eaten sushi recently
- I've seen Swan Lake
- I've tried a cheese layered salad - and enjoyed it
- I've become ill for the first time in five months (that must be a record!)
- I've made vanilla and Nutella cupcakes
- I've been walking 15-20 minutes, not 2 minutes, to school
- I've talked to boys(!)
- I've missed my secondary school in ways I never imagined I would
- I've discovered the Starbucks five minutes away from school (thanks, Sara!)
- I've seen 'Sweet Lovers' Plums' - and plan to buy some
- I've completed a practical in Chemistry without screaming/jumping/standing a metre away from the bunsen burner
- I've seen the boy at school who wears a suit everyday
- I've introduced myself to dozens of different people
- I've developed a penchant for the Drench drinks sold at school
- I haven't stopped calling my 'college' a school - if I'm learning, it's a school!
Friday, September 24, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Sunday, August 29, 2010
I find it really disconcerting if I don't know something, but know enough about it to feel as if I should know more. This might be part of the reason why I don't want to give any subjects up.
I don't understand them. Unless, that is, they really are something to feel guilty about; murder, for example. And if you felt guilt, you probably wouldn't find it pleasurable.
If I enjoy something, I'm usually happy to exclaim it. For example, watching the entire first series of Coach Trip in a matter of days - I see nothing wrong with that.
I usually embrace change, but I'll be so sad to stop studying anything. This is a huge period of change, and I just don't think I'm ready give up so much. Unfortunately, I can't take ten A-Levels.
I feel that this blog lacks direction. It's about my life - but there are many elements of my life that could come into it. The posts are sporadic, and many don't even reach the blog itself, instead left unfinished. Notice the length of my last few posts. None of them have even one substantial paragraph.
I still love writing; if anything, I enjoy it far more than when I started blogging. And this blog has certainly benefited me in various ways. I've learnt how to structure blog posts, devise attention-grabbing titles, sustain a project etc. But I just don't believe that it's completely, well, me any more.
I'm not saying this is the end at all, but rather a new beginning. As cheesy as that sounds, it's true. I'll continue to post here. Random thoughts, observations and questioning will be here. This is an important thing, this blog. It's tracked me through some very important times and I'll never lose that.
So, about this so-called 'new beginning'. I'm thinking about starting a new blog focused on a specific area that I'm passionate about and have a vested interest in. I have a few options, so it's just a matter of choosing something that I can maintain. For example, as much as I enjoy musical theatre, I just don't visit the West End often enough to blog about musicals on a regular basis. Besides, it would probably end up being dedicated to Avenue Q and Hair!
In summary, don't say bye (or un-follow!) yet. More is to come, believe me. I just need a bit of time to think. Things are changing enough as it is, so life is a bit hazy at the moment.