- It's going to be revision-filled. I have exams the next day and in the following weeks. There's really no time to celebrate.
- As usual, I plan to postpone my birthday. I haven't even received my main presents for my 15th birthday because I postponed it and then never really got back into the birthday mood.
- I don't really feel like having a party or anything of the sort. Of course, I want to spend time with friends and family to mark the occasion.
- Although 16 is considered quite a milestone birthday, I don't really have anything to look forward to. I just want to make this a fulfilling year of life.
- The idea of buying lottery tickets, sex and being able to drink one glass of beer or cider with a meal in a licensed pub accompanied by an adult does not excite me.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
More a yardstone than a mile
Today I came to the realisation that in less than a month I'll be 16 and under two months from now I'll have finished all my GCSE exams for ever. But, as has been the case for around 5 years now, I'm not at all excited for my birthday because: