Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Randomly generated questions from Formspring

What's the best place near you to get a pizza?

Well, it's not that near (more than 10 minutes away), but Pizza Express is always a good one.

Who's the most talented person you know?

I don't know if I could pick just one person, but I know so many people who are amazing at art (including my two followers) and quite a few who are very musically talented. But, in terms of an all-rounder, I'd probably say Lucy.

If you had to give up one favorite food, what would the most difficult?

Sushi would be sorely missed, but I could probably just about survive. Also, although I don't love crisps as much as I used to, I pretty much eat them on a daily basis so I think it would be difficult without them, especially when I just laze about the house all day and want a mid-afternoon snack.

Who's the smartest person you know?

Again, I know so many clever people (including my two followers), so I couldn't pick just one.

What's the longest you've ever gone without a bath or shower?

I probably managed for a few days without one when I was younger, but now I couldn't bare to go for more than 24 hours without a bath or shower.

How would you describe your personality?

Wow, this is broad. Okay, some words that I would use: reserved, fairly introverted, light-hearted, funny, dedicated, persevering, passionate, argumentative, cynical, somewhat pedantic, kind, empathetic etc.

Would you rather swim in a pool or the ocean?

I love the freedom and tranquillity of swimming in the ocean, but at the same time there are obvious dangers as you have to go quite far from the shore for a decent swimming depth. Also, whenever I feel something on my feet I always think that it's a jellyfish so I end up screaming hysterically. I'm a worrier, so in general I'd rather swim in a pool.

What's your favorite genre of music?

I'm going to be really awkward and say I really have no idea. I couldn't choose just one genre - it depends on the song.

What are you most excited about right now?

I'm trying to get excited about summer and the various things I have coming up; I don't know whether I should be excited about GCSE results day because I have no idea how I performed in my exams; I'm quite excited about starting at sixth-form and I think that excitement will grow if I've achieved my predicted grades in my GCSEs.

What was your worst travel experience?

Well, initially it was quite awful when our flight back from Barcelona got cancelled during our school trip, but we were only delayed for one day and got to stay in a four star hotel so it worked out fine. But aside from that I haven't experience much travel drama, though I do hate travel sickness during long car journeys.

What was the most interesting place you've traveled to?

I think Dublin, Paris and Brussels are my favourites. Barcelona would be one there but I haven't really seen enough of its cultural side to judge, and the heat just puts me off.

Do you believe in angels?

I don't think so. It's a sentimental thought that must be reassuring for some, but I'm not sure about the afterlife yet.

When was the last time you received flowers?

Never!

Where'd you find out about formspring.me?

That website that I've just been complaining about: Tumblr.

If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?

Give some to my family friends, pay for any treatments that Lucy needs to have privately, buy a large house in London, furnish and decorate it, donate generously to charities, save plenty for university, maybe buy a few things for myself with any left over.

If you could be invited to one person's birthday party, whose would it be?

I'm not sure... I've seen on Perez Hilton that Katy Perry has really extravagant birthday parties, so maybe her's.

What video game have you played the most?

The Sims 2 and 3, without doubt. But I've spent many an hour on Super Mario games, too.

What music are you listening to today?

Regina Spektor, of course :) Oh, and I just listened to this song as well. Interesting.

If you could instantly become an expert at one style of dance, what style would you pick?

I think I'd have to pick the classic, ballet. It's a good basis to learn other types of dances as well.

Cats or Dogs?

    Cats! But dogs are also lovely, it's just that cats are extra special to me.

    If you could only read one magazine for the rest of your life, which would it be?

    A French science magazine would be ideal, I suppose. But I do love the intellectual newspaper supplements; I think 'New Review' is my favourite. It makes great bath time reading.

    Do you believe in life after death?

    Oh, that's odd as I touched on this in the question about angels. I really don't know at the moment, but, on a purely scientific basis, probably not.

    If you could master one skill what would it be?

    Well, obviously I want to become fluent in French one day, and since I know quite a bit of Spanish I want to speak that fluently, too. I'd like to master many languages. I don't know if it's possible to master other academic subjects like the sciences and Maths, but I want to become as good as I can in all subjects. Aside from that, maybe a musical instrument like the piano.

    Who's the most underrated athlete?

    Me. I walk up and down the stairs numerous times each day, for the past five years I've been making daily two-minute trips to and from school, and once there I also have to walk metres between classes. It's amazing I don't collapse with exhaustion!

    What's your favorite drink?

    Water is the ultimate one, but I also enjoy green tea, coconut water, chocolate milk, black coffee, iced coffee drinks and miso soup (if that counts)

    What was the worst movie you've ever seen?

    Oooh, I have a selection: 'Marley and Me', 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Twilight' to name but a few.

    Who's the most overrated actor?

    Probably Megan Fox because I don't think she actually does a lot of acting and is mainly admired for her physical beauty.

    If you could go back in time 10 years and tell your younger self something, what would it be?

    It's going to get a lot better, then a little worse, then a lot better again, then so much worse, then considerably better, then it will deteriorate, then things will be a bit unstable for a while but one day in more than 10 years you might just smile and never do anything to stop yourself doing so.

    What would be the best thing about being a vampire?

    SPARKLING! No, noooooo. That's one of the camp-est things I've ever heard. Erm, maybe if you really love life it's good that you can live forever... ?

    How would you describe yourself in 3 words?

    Fluctuating, incredibly determined.

    Who and when was your first kiss?

    It hasn't happened.

    What's your earliest memory?

    Being in Paris aged two. I vividly remember visiting Disneyland and buying two toy Eiffel Towers: a blue one for me and a yellow one for my cousin who was born just as we returned to England.

    What one thing are you exceptionally bad at?

    Glaring - my eyebrows just won't stay down!

    If you could instantly become fluent in another language, which language would you pick?

    I'll pick something that I have no experience in, so I can't choose French or Spanish. Probably Japanese.

    How would you describe your style?

    As yet, un-established, but it will probably be quite eclectic and bright.

    Do you believe in God?

    No, but I could be swayed by scientific evidence (which kind of defeats the whole point of 'faith')

    What would your perfect day look like?

    Wake up in a luxury hotel in London with no worries, get ready, eat a French breakfast, visit some museums and art galleries with friends, have lunch at a Japanese restaurant, go shopping, stop for coffee/frozen yoghurt, see Avenue Q, have dinner at a vegetarian restaurant, meander around London, see the men peeing in the outdoor urinals, pass by the club that claims to have 'over 100 international nude dancers', return to said hotel, get ready and sleep.

    If you could eliminate one thing you do each day in the bathroom so you never had to do it again, what would it be?

    Going to the toilet - it would just save a bit of time each day, and it's not the most pleasant thing, is it?

    If you could ask Barack Obama one question what would it be?

    Why did you kill that fly during an interview? I know it was annoying you, but could you not just open a window? Doesn't the White House have windows? Oops, that was three.

    What do you think is the best way to defeat terrorism?

    Perhaps the US could try to establish better relations with some of the Middle Eastern countries first. After that, we'll go from there.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment