Monday, July 19, 2010

Update 1 - London

I was in London with my father from the 11th to the 13th. In the end, due to a lack of motivation and energy, poor time management and me being sick (I think it was the bi bim bap that I'd eaten earlier), we didn't actually get a lot done.

However, I saw the Skin exhibition at the Wellcome Museum, which was really enjoyable and quite fascinating; I discovered another great restaurant, Giraffe; we went on a speed boat along the River Thames, and of course that was a lot of fun; I finally saw Harrods, and absolutely hated it (never, ever again - I don't like pretension, as we all know).

Oh, and you can't visit London without seeing a show, so we watched Hair, and it was so good (maybe that's a wanton use of italics, but the 'so' needed to be emphasised). Definitely the best musical I've seen since Avenue Q, and I'm tempted to see it again (much like with Avenue Q). So, all in all, the three days in London weren't as packed as they could have been, and the trip was more eventful than I'd expected it would be, but seeing a great musical made it all worth it.

On a final note, I visited 6 coffee shops in three days (three of which were on the last day), and three M&Ss in that time, too. Quite impressive, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment