Friday, February 26, 2010

A conversation with my father a few years ago

Father: Hmm, well I think you're a good singer.

Abby: You've never heard me sing.

Father: I went to that choir show you were in.

Abby: Okay, then. *sarcastic look*


But he's not the only one who's complimented my singing abilities (regardless of the fact that he's only ever heard me sing properly in a choir of 40-something people). My grandmother told me that when I was younger I was great singer and of course my mother and I stared at her in disbelief. Checking that she wasn't simply being senile, we asked 'Are you sure you don't mean Freja?' (Freja's my cousin who definitely can sing well), but she insisted that at one point in my life I was a good singer. Hmm, I'd dubious about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment