Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Trivial, but somehow important

I've always felt a certain pride and protection over my middle name. Admittedly, though I love my first and last names and they suit me, they're not incredibly rare. Granted, I meet few people with my names, but I know that they're around - I'm guessing most people in English-speaking countries have met an Abby or Abigail.

But my middle name's just different - I've only ever encountered one other person with this name and even then it was spelt differently so technically it doesn't count. It's simply a more interesting version of me, and though it's not classically 'pretty' it definitely suits my personality. I'd really miss my middle name if it was somehow extorted from me (now that would be a scary dictatorship to live in!). In fact, I'm even contemplating one day trying to live under it for a short period of time - just to try it out.

Of course, I can't actually tell you my middle name! But it's unique, just know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment