Friday, July 10, 2009

Admiration

Today I heard my father on the radio and it made me really want to follow in his footsteps. He's a comedian and I've always thought that would be a great career to have. It's not always stable, but the feeling of amusing people is so rewarding that it doesn't matter.

I think I'd love to be so many things at once - actress, comedian, author, photographer and so many other things that I've considered. But they're the four main dreams. It's odd that none of them are particularly academic. Even so, I'll probably do a degree in some kind of science/psychology/philosophy at university if the whole RADA dream fails. Ultimately, I want to do both. I want to have an academic career and a creative career.

Hmm, I never imagined myself to be the kind of child saying 'When I grow up, I want to be just like my mummy/daddy'. Well, in some ways I do. I wouldn't want my mum's career (being a secretary seems a bit tedious) but I hope I've inherited her compassion and warm heart (and on a purely vain note, her young, relatively wrinkle-free skin). And I'd like my dad's comedy skills and that something about him that's hard to put my finger on but draws people in. Also, thankfully I think I have his fast metabolism. Both parents have plenty of charisma so I hope I've got that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment