Sunday, July 19, 2009

'Someone next door is fucking to one of my songs'

I do rather like that lyric. Of course, it's from a Regina Spektor song. Bobbing For Apples, in fact. I think if I could be anyone in the world, I'd choose Regina Spektor. Or Julie Atherton, perhaps.

I believe that the title of this post contains the first swear word to grace my blog. Probably because generally I don't swear in normal conversation, only when quoting or acting. It's not because I'm prudish - swear words in context can be incredibly effective - it's just that in natural conversation I don't feel the need to swear. And I'm not going to force myself to say something just because everyone else does. But I don't mind when others swear, as long as it's not simply a meaningless conversation filler like the abbreviation 'LOL' when the person isn't actually laughing.

That said, I do love making people 'LOL' if they really are 'LOL'ing. Whenever I talk to someone online, I secretly squeal with delight when I can tell that they have genuinely 'LOL'ed :)

I can now download all those little-known Regina Spektor songs that weren't even on albums, so that's exceedingly good :D

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment