Monday, October 12, 2009

Hair

My hair. I'm sure no one cares much about my hair, but it has an interesting history.

I haven't had my hair cut since July 2007 but once I went four years without having it cut. I know this is weird, but my hair is in very good condition despite the lack of cutting. No split ends no dryness. I think this is because I never use heat on it. Ever. I let it air dry, brush it and I'm done. I love the feeling of walking out into the cold with freshly washed, slightly damp hair. And, no, it doesn't make me ill.

I wash my hair every day because I just don't feel right if I haven't. I don't know why, and obviously everyone's comfortable with different amounts of hair washing, but that's just me. As my hair is over half way down my back it takes a long time to brush on my own. My mum used to do it for me but one day my dad had to as she was ill and he really enjoyed it so we've made it a daily thing. He's surprisingly good at it and very patient with the tangles.

Some may consider a whole post dedicated to my hair superficial, but we've been through a lot together. It's seen the two most eventful, manic years of my life so far. But it's missed Lucy. A lot of Lucy. I have this vision of me just getting a drastic haircut at the end of my GCSEs to symbolise a new phase of life, leaving everything else behind. That hair will hold my problems and as it'll be gone, hopefully I can leave those problems behind too.

1 comment:

  1. I love your hair. It's awesome, and you're one of the few people patient enough to let me fiddle with your hair. Most people get creeped out by me touching their hair. There's no intentions behind it, I just love peoples' hair.

    ReplyDelete