Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's bad to wander aimlessly in life

Well, it used to be, but not anymore. My future, so to speak, technically started when I picked my GCSE options about a year and a half ago. At that point, I told myself that I was going to do well in whatever I did because I was determined to do so. I'd revise for everything and only be happy when I was achieving my very best. Something that's very important to understand is for success that at GCSE level and above, it takes more than natural aptitude - it takes a lot of hard work.

However, now I really need to choose my life paths and decide on A-level and university options. Some of my ideal jobs (in no particular order) are:
* Biologist of some sort, perhaps researching genetics, evolution or animal biology
* Something to do with medicine. Doctor is the obvious job, but there are so many options to explore
* Intepreter, translater or anything to do with languages
* Psychologist - this is one that I'm really not sure about but I do love analysing others
* Journalist - I enjoy writing, interviewing people and reporting so it seems good
* Presenter - I took a career aptitude test and this came up as my number one option. It does sound like an amazing job, but difficult to get into
* Director/Film maker/Script writer - what can I say? It just feels natural to me
* A writer of any other kind, I suppose
* Photographer/Artist - it would be very abstract art and would channel my condemnation for school art which seems to consist of copying other artists' work or still-life drawing. Where's the creativity?
* And of course, the longest surving dream... An actress! At times drama feels like the only thing I have to look forward to anymore and it's been a passion of mine for about five years now

Of course, I'll most likely take a very academic route. I'll decide on something, I'm sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment